Monday 12 August 2013

Weekly Goal Update: Running (August 5th to 11th)

I ran three times this week - Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I was away during the weekend and had grand plans to run while in Calgary, but hotel beds make it difficult to start early in the morning (even if they are uncomfortable!).

A disclaimer: I live on top of a mountain, and I don't think there is a single flat street to be found in town. I feel like I get a small pass for having to run uphill for multiple portions of my run! I'm confident that I wouldn't have to stop and walk as much, if at all, if I were running in say... Saskatchewan!

Mondays run was kind of a mess, which I expected as it was my first time out. I ran 1.34 km without stopping and had to walk twice.


Tuesdays run was a little bit better. I did the same route, but backwards and it was a little bit easier. I ran 1.38 km without stopping and only had to walk once, up the really big hill near the end of my route. I improved my pace by 0.03 seconds.


Wednesdays run included a new route, with more uphill sections (though they were smaller). I ran 1.39 km without stopping, and only had to walk once (though I did walk for awhile). I improved my pace significantly, but I would say the increase of downhill sections (to counter the uphill) helped with that.


All in all, I'm very pleased that I managed to get out three times during the week. My goal is to get out six of the seven days, but would be happy with at least four. 





No comments:

Post a Comment