Tuesday 13 August 2013

Sarasota Lemonade

In the summer, there is nothing that I like better then a glass of Barefoot Moscato with frozen berries to help keep it cool. It is just so refreshing and delicious.

Well, there was nothing better until I tried this recipe!

It is so simple, but so incredibly tasty. I made up a large batch to take camping with me this weekend, but I'm starting to wonder if there will even be any left by Thursday!

Ingredients
Two bottles of your favourite Moscato (I used Barefoot), Sprite, pink lemonade concentrate
Not pictured: frozen strawberries and raspberries



For the lemonade:
2 bottles of Moscato (I used Barefoot)
1 bottle of Sprite
1 can of pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
Frozen berries (I used strawberries and raspberries)

Combine the wine and concentrate in a large pitcher or bottle (I used an empty Simply Lemonade bottle, for easy transportation). If you are serving the lemonade immediately, also combine the Sprite.

Add a couple handfuls of frozen berries and give the mixture a stir or shake.

To serve, put a small handful of frozen berries at the bottom of the glass and top with the lemonade.

If you want to make this in advance, do not add the Sprite as it will go flat. To serve, just pour lemonade into a glass with frozen berries and top with Sprite. 

I dare you not to get addicted!


Note: It is so much better the second day, after it's had time to sit. Yum!







3 comments:

  1. This sounds really tasty! I may just have to try it. Could any white wine be used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelsey! Great recipe. This lemonade looks scrumptious and I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete