Friday 16 August 2013

Banana Chocolate Chip Baked Donuts

Whether you eat donuts or doughnuts, you are going to want to make these! The texture reminded me a lot of muffins, but the flavour from the greek yogurt made them really special. 

I spent a full day in Calgary looking for a donut pan, but it's certainly not necessary for the recipe. The batter I had remaining was put into mini muffin tins and baked into muffins - perfection! You could also use a whoopie pie or muffin top pan with similar results. Just adjust the baking time!

(I made these late last night, so didn't have great light for the ingredient picture. Therefore, there isn't one!)


Keeping it real: I filled the donut pan to full, so my donuts don't actually have holes!

For the donuts:
1 cup mashed banana (I needed three)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/4 cup butter, melted (I used salted)
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

Using your electric mixer with the whisk attachment, mix together banana, sugar, and yogurt until combined.

Add melted butter, eggs, and extract. Mix until combined.

Add dry ingredients to the batter and mix until just under incorporated (to prevent over mixing when adding the chocolate). Fold in chocolate chips.

Grease your donut pan and fill each donut mold 3/4 full of batter (I overfilled mine, resulting in the lack of holes).

Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before eating.

Adapted from: Janie's Kitchen

26 x 26 : 3 / 26







5 comments:

  1. Your lack of holes are very inviting for fillings of all sorts!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! A cream cheese filling would have been delightful!

      Delete
  2. These look tasty are and going to be tried out very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like them!! I absolutely loved 'em.

      Delete
  3. This recipe seems eerily easy... like I could even manage it! hm... :)

    ReplyDelete