Monday 26 August 2013

Weekly Goal Update: Running (August 19th to 25th)

I ran three days this week: Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. I am super pleased with my weekend runs especially, and am feeling confident that I'll run 5 km before my goal date of September 1st (which just happens to be this Saturday!!).


Thursday's run was not good, not good at all. I didn't feel great before I started but thought to myself, "If anything will make me feel better, it's fresh air and exercise." I was wrong. I managed to run 2.22 km before stopping, but I was extremely unsatisfied with that. I ran an easy route, with almost no incline, and should have been able to get to 3 km at least. However, I felt very dizzy and faint so I figured it was probably best if I walked the remainder.


Saturday's run was so good, for distance at least. I was tired from the get go, probably because my pace was too fast (for me). I really had to push myself to get to the 3.4 km mark, but that is all running (I walked the rest of the way, without the app running in the background). I was really pleased with that.


You guys.  This run is why I'm so confident I'll hit 5 km before Saturday! This is the run that changed my life. This run turned me into a runner. I get it now. I felt so good the entire time. I loved my pace (7 minutes per km is a happy place for me right now) and didn't feel tired at all until the last half kilometer or so (where the picture starts turning red on the left hand side). I think I could have ran further, that's how good I felt, but the hill was just too much for me.



1 comment:

  1. You are so inspiring! You are going to make your Sept 1st goal - so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete