Thursday 15 August 2013

Homemade Baileys

On Tuesday, I posted this picture in my "day in the life" post. Did anyone guess what I had made with those ingredients?


HOMEMADE BAILEYS!!

I've made homemade Baileys in the past, and thought it would both a great blog post and a great addition to our camping trip. It is extremely simple to whip together and the results are fantastic; basically chocolate milk with some whisky thrown in!


For the Baileys:
5-ounces high-quality milk chocolate, chopped (I used Hershey's, because in my small town that is high-quality!)
1 1/2 cups Irish whiskey (I used Canadian, because it was all I had.)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups heavy cream (I used coffee cream, because my grocery store didn't have heavy cream in stock. I know...)
1/4 tsp. instant coffee

Melt chocolate in the microwave, stirring until totally smooth. Add to a large bowl and whisk in a couple tablespoons of whiskey, stirring until combined (it may separate, but that's okay). Whisk in the condensed and evaporated milks until combined and smooth, then whisk in the remaining whiskey, cream, extract, and instant coffee (the coffee and chocolate may not dissolve at first, but will as they sit).

Pour mixture into a large bottle and refrigerate until cold. Shake or stir every so often to help the instant coffee and chocolate dissolve. It is so much better after it sits for at least one day.

Source: How Sweet Eats


No comments:

Post a Comment