Tuesday 13 August 2013

A day in the life of the unemployed!

Yesterday was my first day in the ranks of the unemployed. When I announced that I had quit my job, a lot of people jokingly asked me what a stay-at-home-wife such as myself was going to do to occupy my time (other then boozey lunches and online shopping).

I present to you, the highlights of my day.

Pinterest and tea.

Taught myself how to do a sock bun, using this tutorial.

Went for a run.

Fixed the door jamb on the front door.

Hung out with the pups.


Dropped off some recycling.

Went for lunch with my mom.

Got money back because of a botched eyebrow waxing.

Made chicken in the crock pot. (This is a 26x26 recipe, but I haven't perfected it enough to share just yet!)

Discovered my new favourite drink, recipe coming later today!

Used these ingredients to make something delicious - any guesses?

Pretty glamorous right?! I will admit, I did have a nap in there somewhere too. Plans today include painting and baking, with another nap thrown in (I hope!).











4 comments:

  1. Jealous! Good job on the sock bun and the money back! Drink looks yummy and my guess is you made a liquor with all that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colleen, I'm officially a sock bun addict. I thank you for that!

      Delete
  2. Jeeze, you make my days look down right boring! All I do is clean, entertain baby, I may make a special treat if I have all the ingredients. I also try to make a tasty supper, but that is hard when the hubby has different hours every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this sneak peek into your life, looks like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete