Wednesday 11 September 2013

Refrigerator Dill Pickles

Just after I completed my 26X26 list, my favourite blogger, Annie from Annie's Eats, posted a recipe for quick dill pickles. Assuming this was fate working it's crazy way with me, I quickly pinned the recipe and vowed that I would make these at the earliest possible moment.

Fast forward a few weeks and all of a sudden the garden my mom had planted is overrun with dill. Perfect timing for these little gems!

The recipe is so quick and simple, and the results are great. I find them to be quite salty, so would definitely reduce it by at least a few teaspoons next time. 




For the pickles:
1 bunch fresh dill
4 cloves garlic, peeled
Mini cucumbers, 4-5 per 500 mL jar
3 cups water
6 tbsp. white vinegar
2-3 tbsp. kosher salt, to taste

Add one minced or pressed garlic clove to the bottom of each jar, as well as a few sprigs of dill. 

Cut the cucumbers into your desired shape and add enough to each jar so that they are full (stop when you begin to force the cucumbers into the jar). 

Mix together the water, vinegar, and salt in a large liquid measuring cup, and stir until the salt is dissolved. Pour over top of the cucumbers until they are covered. Add a couple more sprigs of dill on top. Screw on the lids and place in the refrigerator for two days.

Source: Annie's Eats

26 x 26 : 6 / 26


1 comment:

  1. Yum! I have always wanted to try making my own pickles.

    ReplyDelete