Monday 23 September 2013

M&M Cookies

If I'm being completely honest with you all, I am not actually a huge cookie fan. I prefer cupcakes, or squares, or well... almost anything besides a cookie.

But, if there is one cookie that I can never say no to, it's an M&M cookie. I don't know why I love them so much, but I think it has a lot to do with the pretty colours poking through the yummy base. I'm a sucker for pretty colours!

I had never made an M&M cookie from scratch though, until I found this recipe. I've recently come to realize that vanilla instant pudding is *the* key ingredient for a chocolate chip (or M&M) cookie, if you like a softer cookie (which I do!). This recipe truly is perfect and so simple to whip up; in the time it takes for your oven to preheat, you can have the dough stirred together and divided onto a baking sheet.

Mini M&M's are hard to find in Canada, but I know for sure that you can get them at the Bulk Barn. I was able to stock up with a few bags on my most recent trip to the states.



For the cookies:

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tbsp. instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips or 1/2 cup regular chocolate chips
1 - 1 1/2 cups mini M&M's

Preheat oven to 350 F and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.

In a large mixing bowl, combine your butter and sugars until well combined. Add egg and vanilla, mixing to combine. Add flour, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt and stir to combine. Stir in chocolate chips and M&M's.

Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared pan 1" apart. Bake until the bottoms are slightly golden and the cookie is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for ten minutes, before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.



No comments:

Post a Comment