Wednesday 18 September 2013

A thank you.

If I'm being totally honest, the post I wrote about infertility and posted on Friday was purely for myself. It was a way for me to become more aware of the feelings I've been having throughout this journey and after becoming more aware, accepting what I had written. That post wasn't pretty, it was raw and truthful. It was exactly what I needed.

When I decided to actually publish the thing, I didn't know what to expect. Pity maybe? I'm not sure, but all I knew was that in order to truly accept the things I had written, other people had to read my words too.

The response that I received after people had read the post was overwhelming. I posted the link to my Facebook, and cried while reading the comments both here and there. The support I received, the admiration even, was unbelievable. People were thankful that I had opened a dialog, they were compassionate, and finally all of these people who are apart of my life finally know what my life is really about right now.

So, all of this to say - THANK YOU. Thank you for your love. Thank you for your support. Thank you for your kind words, your compassion, your thoughts. I am honoured to have brought this conversation to the forefront of some of your minds. I hope this with encourage others to speak out and fight the stigma that normally surrounds the thoughts of infertility.




No comments:

Post a Comment